- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
If you live anywhere near Evansville Indiana please be safe because apparently 10 women have been abducted and now they’re saying it’s a possible serial killer sO please don’t go anywhere alone
THANK GOD PEOPLE REBLOGGED THIS BECAUSE I’M NOT FAR FROM THERE AND THERES NO FUCKING INFORMATION OUT ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW THANKS AGAIN TUMBLR FOR TELLING ME MORE THAN ANY NEWS SOURCE EVER WOULD
Southwestern Indiana be careful!!!
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back."Boy advice from someone who made the same mistakes too often (via guiseofgentlewords)
There’s a reason He tells us not to worry. There’s a reason He tells us not to dwell on the future. He’s called you to today, to focus on it, to dwell in it, to engage with people through it. He will see us through the day and provide strength, clarity, and power to get through TODAY, because that’s where you are. You aren’t in your tomorrow or next year. Be in today. Focus on today. When we let Him be present in our hearts in the here and now, it keeps our eyes focused on eternity. We’ve been given today, and we’ve been promised ETERNITY. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, else matters.